Friday, July 18, 2014

WIP: Gruntz 15mm: Fel'akin Hunting Party

I have been sick as a dog the past few days and spent most of that time in bed... Today is the first day I have felt somewhat human and it is raining outside, so I decided to work on my Fel'akin army for Gruntz. 




I decided to go with a white scheme even though I usually avoid bright colors in my armies and base it around an arctic style camouflage.


I washed everything with Nuln Oil from Citadel after base coating with white. I then picked out the tawny heads of my Fel'akin since they will have a lion-esque color scheme for their fur.



I wanted to make the heads of all the equipment tawny headed to match with the infantry and give the army a somewhat coherent color scheme. I painted one Powered Armor suit with the tan head to see. After I took this pic I went ahead and painted the suit visors with a Alaitoc Blue, also from Citadel. I will highlight with a lighter Hoeth blue tomorrow.


They are coming along but nowhere near finished yet. Even at this early stage I am starting to get a sense of how it will look when finished.


After I took this pic I also went ahead and painted the canopys with Alaitoc Blue and will likely finish some of the details tomorrow and then another wash with smoke and finally some highlights.

I should have this army finished tomorrow barring any Real Life entaglements...

No comments:

Post a Comment