Monday, July 14, 2014

Gruntz 15mm: Terran Alliance 400pt army and reinforcements

This weekend has been a non productive one for me as I have my mother, nephew and his mother up for the weekend to visit. So I have not been on my usual schedule of updates or posts. Here however is a small snippet of the projects I am working on and the 400 pt Terran "Halo" army I used with my nephew the other night to introduce him to the hobby.



2 x Vulture VTOLs to transport my two squads of Terran Marines as well as their Corpsman and Platoon Sergeant. Two Razorback FAVs supporting two Myrmidons in power armor also round out the force. It is fast but lightly armored with both vehicles being open topped. The Vultures and Razorbacks both carry an assortment of Full Auto Projectile weapons and the Vultures have a Gatling as well in the nose. 

The Infantry have projectile rifles and are supported by a missile launcher and Full Auto projectile SAW in each squad.

The Myrmidons are built as commander models with power armor and full auto projectile rifles and have the snipe and long runners.



The Fel'akin are a cat like species of hunters and warriors. I plan on having a smaller sub species of Fel'akin who drive all the vehicles and flyers. Here is a small 400 point army in the process of being painted .

2 x Squads of Fel'akin warriors with laser rifles AP grenades, a grenade launcher and a full auto Heavy Laser SAW. They have 2 x medics and a command team. They are supported by 3 x Puma class mecha armed with 2 x full auto lasers and a missile launcher. They also have two 4 x cat power armor squads and a power armor sub commander.

The Infantry have long runners and melt away to give them more mobility on the battlefield.


In my fluff for the Aven element of the Terran Alliance the Aven have developed multi-mode fighters that can change between an aerospace fighter and a mecha and have a hybrid mode that combines the best of each. I loved Robotech as a kid and until Robotech Tactics comes out I have to make do with these cheap plastic models from Ebay. The Aven will have another squad of infantry and I am putting together more MM Fighters for them to be supported by. I still haven't figured out a satisfactory way to model the changing on the battlefield with the rules but I am sure I will figure out something. Maybe a 50% cost increase of the most expensive form of the unit (fighter, mecha, hybrid vtol)



here are the boxes they come in in case you wanted to find some yourself... they are dirt cheap but then so are the models...

No comments:

Post a Comment