Thursday, July 24, 2014

WIP: Gruntz 15mm: Aven Army

Last week during my bout with bronchitis I couldn't sleep because of all the meds and so I painted the entire Aven army I was working on. Now it is not quite finished but it does have a table top ready paint job on it. I still want to fiddle some with little tiny details, and add some decals but I haven't decided which ones and thought that they deserved an update so far. I also want to add some desert grass flock to the bases to make them more interesting.



Group Shot: about 562 points worth.


The Aven Multi-Mode Fighters are the core of the army and supported by...


Sniper teams and combat bots under the command of a...


Talon Leader and his tactical command combat bot...Rusty


More MMF in Striker mode with the Soaring mode and Stalker modes in the background.


The color scheme is pretty bland but I hate really bright color or camo schemes on combat vehicles as I see driving a Yellow Tank around the battlefield just ridiculous unless the majority of the fauna on your planet is yellow...The Aven come from an arid world with large expanses of badlands and sparse vegetation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment