Thursday, July 3, 2014

DIY Terrain Project: Dropping Pod



So I was sitting here working on another project when I just started thinking about how cool it would look if I make the drop pod with the deployed decelerator prop to look like it was just about to hit the ground.

So I gently pulled it off of the base and found a round wooden disk. I quickly drilled a hole in the bottom of the pod and a larger one in the disk. I used some tacky glue to secure the disk and some Elmer's glue to add some flock. It wasn't enough flock so I put on some more glue and gave it another dip in the sand can.


I will let it sit and dry overnight and tomorrow be ready for priming. I built it so that I can remove the flight peg and have it remain clear but if it gets glued by accident I guess I will just pain it a light blue. Or maybe red and yellow as a jet of flame from the landing rocket that fires a second before landing... then maybe add some smoke (cotton balls) for effect.

 This thing is turning into a project all by itself...

No comments:

Post a Comment