Saturday, June 28, 2014

Gruntz 15mm: Terran Alliance Marines WIP


Finished up my first batch of 15mm infantry. They sure are difficult to paint. I have good vision up close (myopic) and it was still hard to get the detail I want. This will do for friendly games i guess :)


Tried to give it a burnt desert sand loof for the base to match the large mecha I have already done for them.




I am also thinking about using these contraptions for cheap disposable drop pods. They are big enough (just barely) for 4 troops to sit in a circle around a central spine within the pod. They drop from space and when they get close to the ground a tethered rocket motor deploys to slow the descent of the pod and then detaches when the pod gets within one meter of the ground. the pod then pops in half with explosive bolts. this creates two armored fighting positions from which the deployed fire-team can fight if need be. I will paint up some "deployed pods" when I paint up the other squads in the platoon. The squad leader get a separate pod with enhanced ECM and deployable decoys. I refer to the as "The Cans". As in "If I die in a foreign land, the bury me in an old beer can"

No comments:

Post a Comment