Friday, June 27, 2014

Gruntz 15mm: Colonial Defense Force WIP update

Ok so I got some more painting done today on the Colonial Defense Force. I went for Futuristic Low-tech if that makes any sense. They are stuck on a backwater colony world and have to make do. When a local insurgency erupts the colonial governor scratches together a makeshift defense force from militarized industrial mechs and local vehicles to museum quality artillery pieces and homemade rocket mortars.


The HammerJack militarized industrial mech. A LumberMech that has had high caliber cannons bolted on in place of one of the manipulator arms and wired to a makeshift fire-control computer.


Another LumberMech that has been armed with a DIY vehicle grade flamethrower and lumber saw. Nicknamed the FireJack it will accompany infantry units into the mountains to burn insurgents from their below ground spider holes.


A few dune buggies have been pressed into service as Fast Attack Vehicles and mounted with heavy machine guns (seen here dismounted for cleaning). The FAVs serve as scouts and support SpecOps counter-insurgency operations.


Group shot of what I painted this morning while conversing with the Fiance and her Cousin.


Group pic with the other vehicles and some of their towed artillery.


The mechs and the matchbox vehicles scale pretty well with each other.




Now I just have to paint the large artillery pieces and their crews while I wait for the FOW infantry bases to come in the mail so I can base and paint the infantry.

I am not sure yet if I am going to strip and repaint the FOW anti-tank guns and neblewerfers. On one hand I want them to fit more in with the rest of the army and on the other I am lazy and have other projects calling... hmmm maybe one weekend if I am bored or my gamer OCD kicks in. Then I will strip them off their bases and repaint them. Until then they will just have to do

No comments:

Post a Comment