Monday, June 9, 2014

Gruntz 15mm: Terran Alliance "Hermes" class medium mecha

The Terran Alliance Marine Corps uses a fast medium mecha named "Hermes" to support their quick and agile Assault Armor troops. It has lighter armor than the Artemis or Athena but can move faster and carries weapons more suited to fighting infantry than other mecha or tanks.

Conversion: I used a couple of Gundam model kits I had laying around but cannot remember which kit it was (I built these three or four years ago and I am getting old). I rebuilt the Head using a targeting device from a space marine tank, a random bit as the neck, Tau antennae and wooden circles. 

Added a Tau Crisis Suit jet-pack clipped to mount on the back. A Tau shield generator, seeker missiles and Antennae round out the back pack. The grenade launcher on the non-shielded hand is a Imperial Guard tank bogey wheel. The shield came with the Gundam model but I mounted it in a forward position with a Tau fusion blaster mounted in the center.


Size comparison with the Assault Armor.


This picture makes me dizzy if I stare at it too long.


Gruntz 15mm stats card. The arm mounted fusion blaster counts as two medium lasers while the other arm mounts a grenade launcher for anti-infantry work. The two missiles mounted on the back-pack count as medium missiles but only two shots. One shot weapons are not an option in the Gruntz build mechanic but I just play it WISIWYG. It has jump jets obviously and used the dark matter fuel rods to represent the higher output nuclear reactor.


I mounted a different Imperial Guard searchlight bit to represent a higher power sensor dish.  



  



The ear sensors for some reason always remind me of Princess Leia's hair-do in A New Hope. 


Comparison shot with the Assault Armor and Artemis / Athena mecha.

No comments:

Post a Comment