Saturday, June 28, 2014

DIY Drop Pods



Terran Marine Drop Cans. They are the perfect size for a cheap and disposable drop pod, you know, something the military would use. 


Here is one of the Drop Pods open. As You can see 6 soldiers fit inside. I used FoW German riders to mock up the inside so you can see how these guys can fit inside the Cans. In my mind the soldiers would wear an OBA type apparatus and the inside would have inflatable air bladders that would will the inside an prevent the passengers from getting knocked around and maybe the bladders are made from kevlar or some similar substance to give some ballistic protection from spall or shrapnel.


Gatorade caps to make a Power Armor Drop Can. Here are 4 Fa-Shih battlearmor I am going to use as Terran Marine Scout Power Armor. The Can is their orbital interface transport.


Here is a much larger Can made from two Nestle Quick bottle caps. I used two wooden circles to hide the rabbit embossing on the top of the cap. I am not sure what I will use this Drop Can for but it will most likely be a supply drop objective of some sort.

No comments:

Post a Comment