Monday, May 5, 2014

May the 4th be with you, Always


My buddy Kevin came up with his sithspawn...I mean children to fish and hang out for Star Wars day. After a few hours hanging by the lake and watching the dogs get dirty we decided to play some X-Wing.

We went downstairs into the matt-cave and put on Family Guy's Blue Harvest (which Kevin had never seen) and set up to play. I was having such a good time I forgot to take pics of the games...Kevin did you get any?

His List
Soontir Fel with Squad Leader
Turr Fenir
and two other interceptors

My List
2 x Dagger Squadron B-wings with fire control computers
2 x Green Squadron A-wings with Opportunist

Game 1
Kevin had some maneuverin problems early on and I played the FC Computer totally wrong. A-wings got in and kicked ass with Opportunist which lets you take a stress to add one attack die to your attack. That extra attack die really helps with the A-wings paltry 2 Attack. Their maneuver dial is forgiving enough to let you bleed off stress without reducing your mobility much.

Lunch at the Local Joint here in Fairview NC. Great Food and Great Company made for an enjoyable lunch.

Games 2 and 3
Modified List - 181st Fighter Group
Soontir Fel
Squad Leader
3 x Saber Squadron

Poor maneuvering and poor dice on my part led Kevin to just clean my clock two games in a row. His use of Squad Leader (which i have never liked) allowed him to out maneuver my rebel fighters time and again and giving him the win.

We watch A New Hope while we played and actually got the kids into watching the movie since they had never gotten into Star Wars but Harry Potter instead.

Kevin and the kids went out to fish some more in the lake while I went to get my step-daughter Angie from her work and bring her home. Watched Empire and RotJ and finished off the evening reading an X-wing novel, Isard's Revenge. All in all a very Star Wars-y day. And thanks to Millie for accepting my obsession and giving me the space to indulge in it.

May the 4th be with you, Always.

No comments:

Post a Comment