Thursday, December 18, 2014

15mm Gruntz: Hero's Christmas present.

I decided to build an army for my friends Hero and Kevin for Christmas so that they would have an army to play with in our battletech-ish campaign. Hero likes Waco's Rangers so I did an army with that theme and paint scheme in mind. The army relies on speed and tough infantry to accomplish their mission.

I went for an end of winter, beginning of spring theme with melted snow and lots of mud. The strike sleds give the force a fast scout/harassing force to use in pursuit and recon missions. The sleds are backed up by ultra fast Locusts and a Mongoose as well as a very fast Yen Lo Wang variant Centurion.

The 3 infantry squads are light powered armor with full auto lasers. They are supported by three auto mortar teams and two medics and a commander.
I would give the infantry long runners so they can keep up with the mecha and to a lesser extent the sleds.

A full three lance company with 2 medium/ heavy lances and a light/fast medium lance. The mech clix hatchet man variant I am using as an axe an with an arm mounted ac/20 or 6 medium pulse lasers. The ghosts I use as modified hunchbacks with two large lasers instead of an ac/20. The blades are used as dragons with dual ac/10. There are also two centurions with rac/5 and Lrm 10 and a medium pulse laser.

 

I liked the paint scheme quite a bit and will probably paint up a similar force for the Tiger Sharks merc unit.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment