Sunday, August 17, 2014

Gruntz15mm: NeoJap Orbital Landing Craft

I have been eyeing this model for some time but had no scale frame of reference. I was out shopping today and ran across one in my local hobby town USA. It cost the same as the one on amazon plus shipping so I went ahead and picked it up. It went together easily enough. The color scheme is simple but will be painted over (drying as I type).

The large fuel tanks allow it to descend from orbit and return again for another load. It is currently unarmed and lightly armored as it is not supposed to see combat.
As you can see it is pretty well scaled for a small 15mm drop ship.

It could probably carry two to four squads in an airtight container of some sort or inside their rides if those are airtight and pressurized.

I am going to use it for my fledgling Neo Japanese Imperial Army. Here it is with the ground troops, Bushi, and their mk 6 MRAPs. The commander and executive officer of the force will pilot the two Light Assault Mecha, as befits their Samurai status.

The drop ship is also big enough to carry about four K-wagons and with a little room for some support bots down he middle.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment